3KM | Family Fun Start – Mona Vale to Newport
Bring the kids, bring the stroller, bring a huge smile
Fun and fancy dress while demonstrating a healthy lifestyle is what the 3km course is all about. Perfect for families and a great starting point for young athletes looking to eventually progress to longer races.
You’ll join the 13km runners at Apex Park, Mona Vale Beach. There’s no excuse not to be part of this Pub2Pub course option. Wheelchairs, walkers and runners of all ages are welcome… and again, the celebrations continue at the Family Finish Festival above spectacular Newport Beach.
- Adult $50
- Junior $25
- Family 30% discount for each person when signing up min. 1 adult & 2 juniors
- Groups 10% discount for each person when signing up min. 10 people
- Virtual Runner $30 for Adult, $20 for Junior
Distance: 3km (takes approximately 30 minutes to walk)
Date: Sunday, 26 August 2018
Start time: 9.45am (Please arrive around 9.15am. The run starts when the 13km runners have gone through.)
Start location: Mona Vale Beach, Apex Park, Seabeach Ave, Mona Vale NSW, 2103
Finish location: Newport Beach, 394 Barrenjoey Road, Newport NSW 2106
Age Restrictions: The 3km has no age restrictions. You can also take prams along the 3km course, however you must start at the ‘back of the pack’.
Not Allowed: Sorry, bikes or skateboards are not allowed. Leashed dogs, strollers or prams are allowed, but you must start at the ‘back of the pack’.
Public Transport: If traveling by public transport, check bus, ferry and train schedules at TRANSPORT NSW. If you have an Opal card, the cost is only $2.70 all day! We recommend the Trip View app to help you get there and back. It provides real-time arrival and departure times.
Parking – Getting there:
- Parking available at Mona Vale Surf Club, located at the northern end and is backed by a large carpark. Parking spots are limited so please arrive early.
- Plus surrounding streets.
Transport Coming Back: (1) When you arrive at Newport Beach, walk north to the bus stop (Newport Surf Club, Neptune Rd) for a ride back to your car at Dee Why. The 199 bus runs every 15 minutes and the L90 bus runs once every hour. (2) There will also be a Pub2Pub-provided FREE Shuttle Bus to Mona Vale B-Line bus stop, from 10am to 12pm (approx. every 20 mins.). Please bring your Opal card to take the B-Line bus. (3) In addition, The Newport’s courtesy 76-seater bus will be running from Newport Beach to Dee Why Beach with stops in Mona Vale, Warriewood, Collaroy and Dee Why Beach. This bus will run between 8.30am and 1.30pm, leaving approx. every hour. After 1pm, a stop to The Newport will be included.
- Toilets are located at the surf clubs along the route as well as near the drink stations and at start and finish lines areas.
- There are 4 water stations, located approximately every 3km at South Narrabeen Surf Club, Warriewood, Mona Vale and at the finish line at Newport Surf Club.
Clothes/bags Drop Off: No clothes/bags drop off will be available for the 3km run.
Weather conditions: The event goes ahead, regardless of weather conditions. Please check the Pub2Pub Facebook page on the day before the event for any changes to the start of the race.
Winner Trophies and Prizes: The Top 3 fastest finishers – both female and male – for ‘Under 10s’ and for ’10 and Above’ will be awarded Pub2Pub Trophies.
Commemorative Medallions: Stunning collectible medallions provided by our major sponsor URM will be presented to all runners at the Finish Line. This is a great way to mark your achievement of completing your chosen distance in the Pub2Pub Charity Fun Run & Festival.
Training tips: Have fun with the training program videos and tip sheets, whatever your level, to help you get through the upcoming race. Click here
Warm-up Partner: Our official Training Partner, Sky PT will be at the 3km Starting Line to get you going with some fun warm-up exercises before your run.
- If you chose to have your Race Kit delivered, your race Bib, timing chip, confirmation letter and any merchandise will be sent via Australia Post to your mailing address. We will start mailing Race Kits from early July. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.
- For entries received after 9am on Thursday, 16 August, your race Bib can be picked up at Dee Why Surf Club on Saturday, 25 August (10am-3pm) OR at the race start (from 8.30am at Mona Vale start).
- Timing chip – The timing chip will start at the moment you cross the electronic mats at the start and stop when you cross the electronic mats at the finish line. Your time DOES NOT start when the gun fires, so there is no need to rush across the start line. Please note that we do not store your card or security details and we have no access to your details.
- Registrations closure – Online entries will remain open until 9pm Saturday, 25 August, with Race Kit pick-up available at race start (from 6.45am at Dee Why start). You can also pick-up your Bib at Dee Why Surf Club on Saturday, 25 August (10am – 3pm). On-the-spot entries for any of the 3 courses will also be available at Dee Why Surf Club on Saturday, 25 August (10am – 3pm). Your Bib will be available for pick-up right there.
- No tranfers of entries – Once you have registered you cannot transfer your registration to someone else.
- No refunds – Sorry no refunds, as this is a charity event serving the local community. Please understand that once an entry has been accepted, we are not in a position to provide a refund in case you choose to withdraw from the event or otherwise are unable to attend.
- Beach Running – None, only for the 13km course.
- Hills – There are some exciting and challenging hills including Barrenjoey Road approaching Newport and Warriewood Hill, which is like the Heartbreak Hill in the City2Surf run.
- Finish time events – The running event concludes at 11.00am. After 11.00am, marshals may not be present on the course. Pathways remain open to the public. Celebrate and enjoy all the fun activities at the Finish Festival.
- Fundraising closing date – Fundraising will remain open until September 30 following the event.
- Comparison with City2Surf run – The City2Surf is 14km, whilst the Pub2Pub is 13km or 6km or 3km.
- Course closure times – the Pub2Pub Course will be progressively closed at the following times after which marshals will no longer be on duty to assist participants. Participants should take care at all times to observe all road safety protocols.
- 9.15am Long Reef to Ocean St Fire station South Narrabeen
- 9.45am Ocean St to Narrabeen Lagoon Bridge
- 10.15am Narrabeen Bridge to Mona Vale Golf Course
- 10.30am Mona Vale to Beaconsfield St Newport
- 11.00am Beaconsfield St to Finish at Newport Beach
Remember, all Pub2Pub course options are meant to be fun and just a little challenging… but the purpose of the whole event is to raise much needed funds for those organisations helping our local community. Enjoy!