6KM | The perfect distance for Teams – Warriewood to Newport
Not too early, not too long… just right!
This run is a fantastic mix of fun and fitness, starting at Rat Park on Walsh Street, Warriewood and heading up to Turimetta Headland. Serious runners don’t look up, because the coastal views will take your breath away. Perfect for building team spirit in your company or as a family bonding exercise.
A big thank you to Mona Vale Golf Club who allow us to run alongside their magnificent course rather than pounding Pittwater Road. Again, you finish at spectacular Newport Beach to enjoy the Family Finish Festival.
- Adult $55
- Junior $30
- Family 30% discount for each person when signing up min. 1 adult & 2 juniors
- Group 10% discount for each person when signing up min. 10 people
- Virtual Runner $30 for Adult, $20 for Junior
Distance: 6km (approximately one hour walk)
Date: Sunday, 26 August 2018
Start time: 9.15am (Please arrive by 8.45am. The run starts when the 13km runners have gone through.)
Start location: Warriewood, Rat Park, Walsh St, Warriewood NSW 2102
Finish location: Newport Beach, 394 Barrenjoey Road, Newport NSW 2106
Age Restrictions: The 6km has no age restrictions. You can also take prams along the 6km course, however you must start at the ‘back of the pack’.
Not Allowed: Sorry, bikes or skateboards are not allowed. Leashed dogs, strollers or prams are allowed, but you must start at the ‘back of the pack’.
Public Transport: If traveling by public transport, check bus, ferry and train schedules at TRANSPORT NSW. If you have an Opal card, the cost is only $2.70 all day! We recommend the Trip View app to help you get there and back. It provides real-time arrival and departure times.
Parking – Getting there:
- Parking available at Pittwater Rugby Park (Rat Park), Warriewood
- Plus surrounding streets. Please be considerate to neighbours.
Parking – Coming Back: When you arrive at Newport Beach, walk north to the bus stop (Newport Surf Club, Neptune Rd) for a ride back to your car at Warriewood. The 199 bus runs every 15 minutes and the L90 bus runs once every hour.
- Toilets are located at the surf clubs along the route as well as near the drink stations and at start and finish lines areas.
- There are 4 water stations, located approximately every 3km at South Narrabeen Surf Club, Warriewood, Mona Vale and at the finish line at Newport Surf Club.
Clothes/bags Drop Off: Clothes/bags drop off is available at the start line. All clothes/bags will be taken to Newport Beach for you to collect.
Weather conditions: The event goes ahead, regardless of weather conditions. Please check the Pub2Pub Facebook page on the day before the event for any changes to the start of the race.
Winner Trophies and Prizes: The Top 3 fastest finishers – both female and male – will be awarded Pub2Pub Trophies and each will receive a Brooks voucher ($150 for 1st Place, $100 for 2nd Place, $75 for 3rd Place).
Commemorative Medallions: Stunning collectible medallions provided by our major sponsor URM will be presented to all runners at the Finish Line. This is a great way to mark your achievement of completing your chosen distance in the Pub2Pub Charity Fun Run & Festival.
Training tips: Have fun with the training program videos and tip sheets, whatever your level, to help you get through the upcoming race. Click here
- If you chose to have your Race Kit delivered, your race Bib, timing chip, confirmation letter and any merchandise will be sent via Australia Post to your mailing address. We will start mailing Race Kits from early July. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.
- For entries received after Friday, 17 August, your race Bib can be picked up at Dee Why Surf Club on Saturday, 25 August (10am-3pm) OR at the race start (from 8.00am at Warriewood start).
- Timing chip – The timing chip will start at the moment you cross the electronic mats at the start and stop when you cross the electronic mats at the finish line. Your time DOES NOT start when the gun fires, so there is no need to rush across the start line. Please note that we do not store your card or security details and we have no access to your details.
- Registrations closure – Online entries will remain open just before the race starts on Sunday, 26 August, with Race Kit pick-up available at race start from 8.00am at Warriewood start. If you enter online by 5pm on Friday August 24, you can also pick-up your Bib at Dee Why Surf Club on Saturday, 25 August (10am-3pm). On-the-spot entries for any of the 3 courses will also be available at Dee Why Surf Club on Saturday, 25 August (10am-3pm). Your Bib will be available for pick-up right there.
- No tranfers of entries – Once you have registered you cannot transfer your registration to someone else.
- No refunds – Sorry no refunds, as this is a charity event serving the local community. Please understand that once an entry has been accepted, we are not in a position to provide a refund in case you choose to withdraw from the event or otherwise are unable to attend.
- Beach Running – None, only for the 13km course.
- Hills – There are some exciting and challenging hills including Barrenjoey Road approaching Newport and Warriewood Hill, which is like the Heartbreak Hill in the City2Surf run.
- Finish time events – The running event concludes at 11.00am. After 11.00am, marshals may not be present on the course. Pathways remain open to the public. Celebrate and enjoy all the fun activities at the Finish Festival.
- Fundraising closing date – Fundraising will remain open until September 30 following the event.
- Comparison with City2Surf run – The City2Surf is 14km, whilst the Pub2Pub is 13km or 6km or 3km.
Remember, all Pub2Pub course options are meant to be fun and just a little challenging… but the purpose of the whole event is to raise much needed funds for those organisations helping our local community. Enjoy!