PARA RUN | For Para Participants – choose from 13km, 6km, 3km
In 2019, a new category has been introduced to the Pub2Pub Charity Fun Run & Festival.
This year we welcome Para Runners to participate in the Para category.
Key points to note include:
- Entrants in this category can participate in any of the course options – 13km, 6km or 3km
- Each entrant must have a carer or ‘caregiver’ who will receive free entry into the event.
- After registering, a PROMO CODE will be e-mailed to entrants, which they can then use to enter their carer and carer’s details, free of charge.
- Entry Fees for Para runners are the same as for all participants.
- Note: as the courses involve some uneven terrain, they are therefore not suitable for Para Sports Wheelchairs.
- Due to the beach start at Dee Why, Para entrants in any wheelchairs will not be able to participate in the 13km event, but regular wheelchairs are welcome in both the 6km and 3km events.
- Guide Dogs are welcome across all course distance options.
- Our Ambassador for the new category is Paralympic Cycling hopeful, Ben Said who, after a serious training accident, is no longer able to run in the 13km event as planned. Ben is still encouraging Para Runners to join this new category in support of new Pub2Pub Charity Partner, Guide Dogs NSW/ACT.
- While there is a Para Athletics international classification for athletes with physical, intellectual and vision impairment, Pub2Pub organiser, the Rotary Club of Brookvale, trusts participants to enter in good faith.